The NAPIT Work Quality Guarantee ensures that work completed by our members, within the scope of their registration, complies with the Building Regulations. If you are unsure about the quality or suitability of the work carried out by your tradesperson you should in the first instance attempt to resolve the issue with them.
If the issue cannot be resolved with us please contact NAPIT Customer Services for guidance. Further details relating to complaints can be found on the NAPIT website.
In the event that the tradesperson is no longer trading and work is found to be non-compliant with the Building Regulations the following protections are in place for work in dwellings:
1. Microgeneration work will have been subject to a warranty required by the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (see www.recc.org.uk);
2. Work done under Green Deal financing will have been subject to guarantees as required by the Green Deal Code of Practice (see www.greendealorb.org.uk);
3. Work not covered by items 1 and 2 above, or any other policy put in place by the tradesperson, is subject to the NAPIT Work Quality Guarantee. Under this Guarantee NAPIT will correct non-compliance with Building Regulations for a period of up to six years from the date of installation (or the period of a product manufacturer’s guarantee if this is shorter); provided work was carried out under contract and has been correctly notified to NAPIT. The below outlined Terms and Conditions apply.
1. NAPIT will cover the cost of rectification work up to a maximum of £25,000;
2. Installation work must not be older than six years;
3. If the claim relates to a product and the manufacturer’s guarantee is less than six years, the claim must be within the period of the manufacturer’s guarantee;
4. There must be sufficient evidence to determine fault;
5. If other warranties or complaint processes are in place and are deemed to supersede those of NAPIT, the Work Quality Guarantee will not apply;
6. The cost of rectifying any consequential damage associated with the claim is not covered;
7. The cost of rectifying any work or elements of work outside the scope of certification of the tradesperson at the time of installation is excluded;
8. Any reduction in value or loss of enjoyment, use, income, profit or opportunity, inconvenience, distress or any other kind of consequential or economic loss is excluded;
9. Any breakdown failure or inefficacy of machinery, boilers, computers or any other equipment is excluded;
10. Rectification of work required due to the use of defective materials which were correctly installed is excluded;
11. That part of any claim where NAPIT’s right of recovery is restricted by any contract is excluded;
12. The cost of routine maintenance overhaul or modification or loss or damage arising therefrom is excluded;
13. Loss caused by fair wear and tear, sunlight, storm or deterioration due to neglect in maintenance, shrinkage, dampness or condensation due to normal drying out or attributable to any central heating installation or a non-existent or ineffective damp-proof course is excluded;
14. Any loss, liability, damage or defect caused by any peril capable of being insured under a commercial liability, property, household or similar policy of insurance whether or not such insurance is effective or in force at the time is excluded;
15. Any loss, destruction, damage, liability or expense of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with war, terrorism, nuclear or radioactive contamination risks is excluded;
16. For the avoidance of doubt, the purpose of this Work Quality Guarantee, is to rectify non-compliant work, it is not a compensation scheme. No monetary payments will be made to either the householder or to any third party.